Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ever since I wrote this, I am getting emails from friends with news of other ponzi schemes being found out.  

But there is one thing that I saw on TV that totally blew me away.  Apparently in 2006 Madoff was told that he was being tracked and had to register -- or something like that.  At that point his fund was only $16 Billion.  By the end of 2008 it had balooned to $50 Billion.  Around the same point many peole were predicting that things were going to fall off the endge -- including the covservative economist from Harvard Martin Feldstein.

This tells me that Madoff saw the end coming, and figured he might as well hord more money since he will get the same sentece -- if ever!!!  

The way he was turned in was a suspect too.  He told his sons, who were working for him, and then they turned him in, claiming he had no idea what their dad was doing!!!  

Ya right.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment